BREAK AWAY FROM SENSELESS FEES AND HASSLES, AND SWITCH TO A FARMERS BANK FREEDOM CHECKING ACCOUNT TODAY!
SWITCHING IS EASY.
We've simplified yet another step in personal banking—switching to Farmers Bank's Freedom Checking! We've helped lots of people switch in the past, and we can help you, too.
Everything you'll need is right here in this kit.
GETTING UP AND RUNNING WITH YOUR NEW ACCOUNT.
- Open your new checking account at your nearest Farmers Bank branch in Jessamine County.
- You're all set! You may begin making deposits to your new account and use your Farmers Bank checks and Visa® Check card.
MOVE CURRENT TRANSACTIONS TO YOUR NEW ACCOUNT.
- Destroy all of your old checks and ATM/debit cards and deposit slips from your previous bank.
- Let your outstanding checks or automatic withdrawals clear. Make sure you leave enough money in your old account to cover them. (Allow a few week's time)
- Tell your employer to change your direct deposit to Farmers Bank. Remember to give them one of your new deposit slips or a voided check.
- Contact anyone other than your employer who makes deposits to your account to find out how to request the change. This could include payments such as retirement, pension, Social Security or others. They may require you to use a special form.
- Cancel your automated payment services, such as bill-paying by phone or PC, by contacting your old bank. Farmers Bank also offers internet banking and bill payment services – FREE of charge!
- Tell anyone who currently makes automatic withdrawals from your account that you have switched to Farmers Bank They’ll need one of your new Farmers Bank deposit slips or a voided check. These are transactions that go through a banking system called the Automated Clearing House, or ACH.
- Switch any charges automatically billed to your old debit card by contacting the company that receives the payment and telling them to charge your new Farmers Bank Visa® Check Card instead. They'll need your card number and expiration date.
NOW, YOU'RE READY TO CLOSE YOUR OLD ACCOUNT.
Ask your old bank to close your account and to please send you a check for the balance. Make certain that all outstanding transactions on your old account have cleared (we've also provided a letter to help you with this).
YOU'RE HOME FREE!
Congratulations on switching to Farmers Bank! We're glad to have you as part of our family. Feel free to stop by your nearest Jessamine County branch anytime—we enjoy seeing our customers in person.
Farmers Bank200 North Main Street
Nicholasville, KY 40356